When you go to the park, you will hear birds talking to birds and trees talking to trees with another kind of symbology. You can see the intercommunication of everything around you. There are messengers everywhere in this world.
Think about it, since you have arrived in this world
- You have always been delivering a message
- Matter fact – before you were born, when your mother became aware that she was pregnant, your message was there
- As soon as you were born, you delivered the message right away, with no words
It was your birth, and the message was you, you with a message, and you still are the message – but then you grow up, you become aware, and you can choose to deliver a different message.
What kind of message are you delivering to?
- The people you love the most
- Your children whom you love so much?
- Your parents?
- Your siblings?
- Your friends?
Can you see the impact of the words that you reflect on others as you speak?
Try this exercise:
- Think about something that happened today (anything)
- Share the story with the nearest wall to you
- Listen to what you are saying
- How did the story make you feel?
- Acknowledge your emotions
- Understand the impact of your words on everything around you
Now, I want you to use your imagination to see the kind of interactions that you have had in your entire life with others.
What is the impact and intent of your message?
“Like humans, they are complicated. We must be prepared to understand and deal with them head-on if we are to reverse course and improve our social culture.” Chris Armstrong shared – 5 nuances of balancing impact and intent
- A reasonable expectation
- Consistency of character
- Personal association
Changing the world requires you to change the main character of your story. If you change the main character
- Your children will change because the message that you deliver to them will change
- The message you share with your wife or your husband will change
- Your relationship with your friends will change
- Most importantly – your relationship with yourself will change
Benefits of changing the message you deliver to yourself
- You are happier
- The people who live around you will also benefit
- Your joy, your happiness, your heaven is contagious, and it empowers others to change their world
It is incredible what we can do if we want to do it. All we need is to be aware of what we are doing and be authentic.
Five agreements or tools to change your world
- Be impeccable with your word
- Do not take anything personally
- Do not make assumptions
- Always do your best
- Be skeptical while listening
I am not asking you to try to change the world, do not try to do it. Just take the action today – it is not Tuesday, Wednesday, or any other day – it is ACTION day.
- We know at some point our physical bodies will no longer exist
- We have a few sunrises, a few sunsets a few full moons that we can enjoy
- Now is the time to be alive to be fully present, to enjoy each one another
- Technology has have grown so fast, but psychology has stayed far behind. It is time for psychology to catch up with science and technology
- We begin with ourselves, but the goal is to change the entire humanity, not just our world
How long will it take for the entire world to change? The truth is that we do not care how long it will take. We are not in a hurry – but we do not have time to lose.